Hey Food Lovers,
Brownies 1, Patrice 0
So ok I have a confession to make. I made the cookies and cream brownies. Ummmmmmm, my first attempt =EPIC FAIL. I mean it was awful. They took forever to cook and then they weren't set in the middle. The taste of the brownies were worst because they weren't sweet enough and tasted just like the baking chocolate I used in them, which is never good.
The only part of the recipe that came out well is the cookies and cream frosting, which was amazing. I can definitely see myself using that for something else.
In the spirit of "if you don't succeed then dust yourself off and try again", I bring you another brownie recipe. This time closer to a traditional brownie. RUM. CARAMEL. PECAN. BROWNIES. I figure that rum makes any thing taste better.
And here is the end result......
The taste was much improved and the it cooked well. I am so happy.
Now I will admit that I used a pan that was slightly bigger than the recipe called for (I used a 9x9). So I didn't get the coverage for the second layer that I was looking for. In addition, I made homemade caramel for the brownies. I am not yet ready to relinquish that recipe. I apologize. But, I include a close variation.
I know... I know.... A magician can never reveal all her secrets!
Love you, and remember to RATE, COMMENT, SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE.....
Love,
Patrice
Rum Caramel Pecan Brownies
Ingredients:
Cooking spray
½ cup butter, cut into pieces
½ cup cocoa powder
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. salt
½ to ¾ cup pecans, toasted
24 Kraft caramels
4 tblsp. Cream
1/8 cup of dark rum
Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil or parchment paper so that the edges extend over the sides slightly. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Melt butter and cocoa in saucepan over medium heat. Whisk together until well combined, remove from heat and let sit for 3-5 minutes or until cooled slightly.
Whisk in eggs, then sugar and vanilla stirring just until combined. Add flour and salt and stir just until combined.
Spread half the batter evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan.
Place the caramels and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 second intervals, stirring between each. When melted and stirred together with rum until smooth, pour the caramel over the bottom brownie layer.
Sprinkle the caramel layer evenly with toasted pecans. Pour the remaining batter evenly over the caramel and pecans.
Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Start checking before the end of the baking time to make sure you don’t overcook.
Cool completely on a wire rack. For fudgier texture, refrigerate cooled brownies for several hours before cutting into serving pieces.
–Adapted from Dorie Greenspan’s book, Baking from My Kitchen to Yours
No comments:
Post a Comment