Welcome back to another Tasty Tuesday. I know it's been a while since the last update but I've been busy. And I hope u like the new format.
Ok, now to the good part.
I love to cook and I fear nothing. No recipes are too tough for me to tame. With that being said, Brownies have always been my nemesis. Either they are too hard or too cakey. All I know is that whatever happens once I put them in the oven. I am never happy with the outcome.
So Monday, I was minding my own business and my twitter best buddie @xsashagirl hit sent me a tweet with a website recipe for tiramisu french toast (I will post that next week). While I was browsing the website a bit, I saw these two brownie recipes. I am sharing them with you today and I will be posting pics of my attempts later this week (I wanna do a blondie made with golden oreos)....
So Foodies, wish me luck on my brownie quest and I hope you enjoy you week.....
Love, Hugs and Kitchens,
Patrice
P.S. Please share, comment, and subscribe!!!!
Cookies and Cream Brownies
2-3 squares baking chocolate
1/2 lb butter
2 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 Oreo cookies, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350.
Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, beating one at a time. Add flour and stir just until combined. Fold in cookie crumbles.
Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 8 x 8 square cake pan). Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until just barely done. Cool before frosting.
Cookies and Cream Frosting
2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 – 2 lbs powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 tablespoons milk
10 Oreo cookies
Mix butter and powdered sugar together, adding sugar gradually to the mix. Add vanilla. Mix in milk, adding more if needed. Continue to add milk and sugar until it reaches the desired consistency. Crush Oreos and fold them into the frosting.
Better-Than-Crack Brownies
1 batch brownies (use the recipe above)
1/2 cup salted peanuts (if don’t have salted, add sea salt)
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Count me in for a blondie!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! You are amazing , girl! Gonna try these soon :)
ReplyDelete